Benzodiazepines are considered a type of psychoactive drug that are used to treat a variety of conditions such as insomnia and anxiety. They serve as one of the most prevalent prescribed medication treatments all over United States, especially to elderly patients. However, taking more than the required amount can result to Benzodiazepines addiction. They possess sedative, anti-anxiety, hypnotic, muscle relaxant and anticonvulsant properties that can provide many side effects.
If you our someone you love is struggling with a Benzodiazepines addiction or “benzos” please call and speak with an addiction specialist now 1-714-443-8218
Types of Benzodiazepines
There are various types of Benzodiazepines that differ in potency, speed and therapeutic use. Depending on your case, any of the kinds of drugs can be used.
- Alprazolam – This is used to treat anxiety and panic disorders which is the most prescribed all throughout the United States. In addition, it is FDA approved. However, you have to understand that exceeding the required amount can tremendously affect anyone’s life.
- Chlordiazepoxide – A lot of people know that Benzodiazepines are employed to treat insomnia, depression and panic disorders. However, Chlordiazepoxide is taken to effectively manage alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
- Clorazepate – A sedative, anxiolytic, and hypnotic drug that is utilized to treat severe anxiety and insomnia disorders. When you have the same condition, you may take the drug after a professional consultation and diagnosis from a skilled provider.
- Diazepam – A hypnotic, anticonvulsant, sedative and anxiolytic drug with a rapid onset. It is utilized for panic attacks, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, seizures and alcohol withdrawal treatments. Diazepam is also employed to treat Benzodiazepines dependence as it is known for low potency.
- Estazolam – An anxiolytic and sedative drug that is prescribed as a short treatment for insomnia and other related diseases. When you have been suffering from insomnia that result to low energy and motivation to do all your working responsibilities, Estazolam is the perfect type of Benzodiazepines for you. Within a short period of time, you can experience a different feeling. More especially, you can have a good rest that can make you more eager and passionate to face your day.
- Flurazepam – A sedative and anxiolytic drug that is prescribed for the treatment of mild and moderate insomnia. If you always experience a similar problem, you can use flurazepam with a doctor’s prescription. Never take a drug without a trained specialist’s advice to prevent great side effects.
- Loprazolam – Like what other types of Benzodiazepines, it is also an anxiolytic and sedative drug for the treatment of moderately severe insomnia. If you have been experiencing discomfort and pain because of insomnia, Loprazolam could be a great help on your part. You can experience many benefits using Benzodiazepines.
- Oxazepam – Aside from that, there is also an oxazepam you can take when you experience insomnia and anxiety. It is also employed to control all alcohol withdrawal symptoms. When you are addicted to alcohols, oxazepam is the perfect drug you cannot afford to miss.
- Temazepam – This is an FDA approved short-treatment drug for people who have insomnia. Once you exceeded the required medication duration, you will surely acquire problems you do not deserve.
- Triazolam – This is used as a sedative to treat more severe insomnia. So, if you have the same condition, you do not need to endure the pain as you can use Triazolam. You can achieve a more comfortable and convenient experience.
Benzodiazepines Side Effects
Despite the fact that Benzodiazepines have a number of benefits and uses. They provide a number of side effects that you can experience when you take more dose. You will feel drowsy, confused, dizzy, groggy, depressed and a lot more. You can also suffer from Benzodiazepines addiction that can lead to coma or even death. Before using a drug, you have to seek a professional and dependable consultation & diagnosis so that you can eliminate your risk of experiencing complicated dilemmas.
With the prolonged use of the drug among people including elderly patients, they will suffer from an increased level of dementia according to a study that is published in BMJ. Aside from that, it can also lead to physical dependence. Furthermore, their withdrawal symptoms encompass the feelings of depression, trouble sleeping, sweating, etc.
When you know people who have become dependent on the drug, they should not stop cold turkey therapy. If they suddenly stop it, they will acquire life-threatening tremors, seizures and muscle cramps. Thus, it is highly imperative to taper off the drug slowly with a trustworthy and reputable help from a professional health care service provider.
Benzodiazepine overdose is oddly fatal unless someone mixes it with opioids, barbiturates, tricyclic antidepressants, and alcohol. When you drink alcohol, never use the drug to avoid overdose. If you suffer from Benzodiazepine overdose, you can experience intoxication, depression, impaired balance, unsteady movement control, slurred speech, and many more. To effectively address Benzodiazepine overdose, you can take Flumazenil as an antidote.
Medication Treatment for Benzodiazepines Addiction and Withdrawal
A company that has psychiatric nurses, therapists and certified addiction physicians with a profound mental health experience can help address Benzodiazepine addiction/withdrawal. They can also sort out a variety of related mental health symptoms that can achieve a fast recovery period. Usually, medications are prescribed to effectively manage the mental health illness, address the drug addiction and prevent new addiction development. Below are some of the prescribed psychiatric medications in a certain drug rehabilitation center.
Klonopin – This is a long lasting Benzodiazepine that can minimize the latter one’s symptoms from a short-term addiction. It is also utilized to efficiently treat seizures, panic, anxiety, depression and a lot more. When you know a person who has been addicted to Benzodiazepine, he/she can use Klonopin. Nevertheless, he/she should consult a reliable and reputable service provider to avoid complicated issues in the near future. Thus, a consultation from a professional company can provide one of the best medication treatments.
Tegretol – Typically, tegretol is being prescribed in various rehabilitation centers to help eliminate great symptoms of anxiety. More particularly, it directly targets the brain to calm down an activity. Having family members and relatives who suffer from Benzodiazepine addiction and withdrawal, tegretol could be a great help. Nonetheless, you have to consider the reliability, dependability and credibility of your chosen rehab center to avoid regrets and disappointments in return.
Tofranil – The antidepressant class encompasses a number of drugs and one of those is the tofranil. It is utilized to successfully treat anxiety and depression due to Benzodiazepines addiction and withdrawal. When a person has been depressed and anxious for long years without a proper and ideal medication treatment, he/she will acquire harder problems. To avoid that, it is better to consult a well-equipped center to prescribe a medication that best suits to his/her unique and specific condition.
Phenobarbital – Aside from tofranil, phenobarbital is also used. This has been prescribed to reduce anxiety symptoms and seizures. More particularly, it is responsible on slowing down any brain activity. It is also taken by patients to counteract Benzodiazepines addiction and withdrawal. Depending on a patient’s case, phenobarbital may be prescribed by a professional service provider. Taking proper phenobarbital amount, you will have the peace of mind that your loved ones or close friends will recover fast. Furthermore, all your money and effort will be worth it at the end of the day.
Busporine – Busporine is one of the prescribed medication treatments in many rehab centers that is used to eliminate the effects of anxiety. It is categorized as an anxiolytic because it directly targets the brain neurotransmitters, more especially serotonin. If you are confused on its difference to Benzodiazepine, it does not cause sedation and depress the nervous system. When you do not have enough amount of budget to pay for medication expenses in a rehab center, you don’t need to feel worried as there are many relevant providers for you. You can make an excellent decision you will not forget and regret as well.
Couples Drug Rehabs
When a couple is struggling with drug abuse or addiction, true recovery isn’t just about quitting drugs or alcohol, it is about changing the way they deal with their issues, it can be difficult to get help. If only one party of the couple goes to rehab, the other does not, it can be difficult for the person who is trying to stay in recovery live in that type of environment. To learn more about couples drug treatment centers contact one of the numbers provided and speak with an adviser.
When you have close friends and family relatives who have been suffering from Benzodiazepine addiction, you have to take an action as early as possible. You have to understand that time is very important, so you should find an effective yet efficient solution. You should find a rehab center that best suits to their unique needs and conditions right away. With an awesome service provider, you will have a 100% assurance that your loved ones will have a fast recovery. Through your option, you will never feel afraid about your patients’ safety, protection and welfare because all aspects will be taken into consideration.
Get professional help from a treatment center that specializes in benzo addiction by calling our addiction helpline. 1-714-443-8218
Benzodiazepines Addiction Signs
Needless to say, it is truly possible to note great changes in individuals’ lives when they become addicted to Benzodiazepine. Since the drug acts like tranquilizers, they may seem detached from their daily living. They may oddly sedated and does not care about important matters. If you observe that there is a big difference in your loved ones’ behavior, they manifest symptoms of Benzodiazepine addiction.
Generally, the addicted individuals lose interests and ambitions in life. They stop setting objectives and have a negative outlook. During the early stage of addiction, they manifest simple symptoms that can be addressed easily. Nevertheless, the condition will be harder to solve when they do not take prescribed medications. Being addicted for years without treatment, they can cause harm to themselves and other people as well. Once you see many changes from a person, the best thing that you can do is to seek professional help as soon as possible. With that, you can prevent more complex issues in the future.
People who have been abusing benzos should be treated by a well-trained health care professional. They should be cared by a cooperative doctor who provides the most suitable prescriptions so that all recovery aspects will go accordingly. When your choice does not have an extensive experience, a paramount knowledge and great qualities, you should have another option. As a matter of fact, there are many extraordinary alternatives out there you can grab.
Benzodiazepine Addictions Symptoms
The individuals who have been abusing Benzodiazepine may manifest a wide array of symptoms. Once you witness your family members who have many behavioral changes, you should not be afraid. You have to be more open-minded, optimistic and courageous instead. In doing so, you will be able to think a wonderful decision that will guide you all over your journey. Below are a few of the symptoms that can be manifested by benzos addicted people.
- Blurred vision
- Amnesia – When they forget some of their memories, they have been using the drug for long months or years. You ought to seek a professional rehab center to determine their condition.
- Poor coordination – There is something wrong with their psychomotor abilities. When they find hard to do an activity, they may be a Benzodiazepine addict.
- Unsteadiness while moving or walking around
- Hostility – Once your amicable friends become hostile, they may be categorized as benzos addicts. To diagnose their case, consult a reputable health care provider. You will be able to know their conditions.
- Irritability – Being irritable is normal to all people. But, when people manifest a behavior that can already harm others, they experience Benzodiazepines addiction.
- Disturbing Dreams
- Impaired Judgment – The benzos addicts will not only suffer poor coordination but also impaired judgment. Meaning to say, they will lose their critical and evaluative thinking. In other words, their mental faculties will greatly be affected.
- Dementia – Commonly, older addicts suffer from dementia.
- Benzodiazepine overdose – If individuals experience Benzodiazepine overdose, they may suffer from coma or even death. That is why early consultation and proper medication treatment should be taken into account. Even though you have a hectic schedule, you ought to find a way so that more difficult predicaments can be avoided.
- Fainting – They cannot do simple and tough activities.
- Muscle weakness – They cannot do the things they usually do because Benzodiazepine addiction can lead to muscle weakness.
Broadway Treatment Center is a substance abuse treatment center in Orange County California that assists those suffering from addiction including Benzodiazepines. The facility treats each individual on a case by case basis, giving them a ‘tailored” program that best fits them. Suffering from an addiction to benzos can be serious and even life threatening. Receiving the the right treatment is essential for long term recovery.
Thus, Benzodiazepines addiction can be avoided once you do not take the drug. If you acquire a problem, it is better to use other alternatives available out there. With your doctor’s help, you will be guided enough. When your loved ones are benzos addicted, call 1-714-443-8218 and get the help you need.