Rehab and Addiction Treatment Centers in Rossmoor, CA

People with addiction who are looking for drug rehab centers in Rossmoor California need not look far to get help. There are plenty of rehab clinics and treatment centers like an alcohol rehab center in Rossmoor California throughout Orange County along the East Region.

These treatment centers and other clinics are managed by the Behavioral Health Services (BHS) division of the Orange County Health Care Agency (OC HCA).

Substance Use Disorder in Rossmoor, CA

Rossmoor and the rest of Orange County has a higher rate of drug addicts and alcoholics compared to the whole of California. This is according to the 2016 report on the Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA), published by UC Midway City Medical Center. 

The state average for alcoholics is 34%. Meanwhile, alcohol addiction in Rossmoor California and Orange County is at 35.1%. That’s 1.1% higher than the rest of California.

Also, drug addiction in Rossmoor California and the rest of Orange County is at 34%, with 6% of them abusing prescription drugs. That’s a 4% increase from the 2% of prescription drug abuse in 2012.

Around 51.5% of them in Orange County resulted in overdose deaths, which is an alarming number that needs to be addressed.

Treatment Programs in Rossmoor, CA

Every year, Orange County sees over 5,500 admissions and 700 deaths from substance use disorder, with only 29% of admissions being self-referrals. The other 71% of those admissions are from drug arrests and other community referrals.

Alcohol and drug addiction in Rossmoor California can be treated. You can enter one of the 14,500+ treatment centers in the United States, which are listed by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).


This is the first step, wherein the patient is assessed, stabilized, and weaned off the addictive substance in order to prepare them for the rest of the treatment program. This addresses the physical side of the addiction, especially in places like alcohol rehab centers in Rossmoor California.

Residential Treatment

After detox, the patient is then taken to a drug and alcohol rehab center in Rossmoor California with 24-hour supervision for residential treatment. The bulk of the treatment here is for preparing the patient to learn how to live with sobriety in the long term.

Intensive Outpatient (IOP)

Patients who are unable to remain in residential treatment in a drug rehab center in Rossmoor California for long are given IOP with daily counseling, addiction education, and skill building to help them become sober.

Aftercare Support

After treatment, the patient is given aftercare support to make sure they’re able to stay the course of long-term sobriety by learning new habits and behaviors to avoid relapse.


For stubborn alcoholics and addicts who refuse treatment, they may need an intervention. They may be convinced to seek help by presenting to them the potential consequences of their continued addiction, after which they may be taken to a drug and alcohol rehab in Rossmoor California.